Last updated: Wed 11, 2016
Aim: Support children and young people affected by sexual violence in Europe
by strengthening and facilitating participatory practice.
Countries: Bulgaria, the Netherlands, Romania and the UK
Partners: Barnardo's, Pulse Foundation, Terre des hommes Romania, Stichting Alexander, Terre des hommes Regional Office for South Eastern Europe and Eurochild.
Main funder: Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme of the European Union
Project lead: Kate D'Arcy
Project activities include:
- Developing a training programme for sexual violence specialist support services to promote participatory practice with children and young people affected by sexual violence.
- Building capacity and sustainable professional support networks to promote participatory practice through facilitating communities of practice.
- Developing a 12 week life skills and leadership programme toolkit for children and young people affected by sexual violence.
- Training Youth Facilitators to co-deliver the programme with partner organisations.
- Supporting children and young people to develop youth-led projects through creative tools such as film and art which will help protect other children and young people and challenge stigma.
- Building the evidence-base through research and evaluation.
- Facilitating European knowledge exchange through the dissemination of freely accessible tools and resources.
See more about the project in our news and publications sections.